Based in Sacramento, our mission is to safely provide high quality general engineering services on time, delivering the best value to you. A family tradition of serving with instilled core values since 1948, we are motivated to share our knowledge gained over the decades. We aim to give you, our customer, an exceptional experience and outstanding results!Based in Sacramento, our mission is to safely provide high quality general engineering services on time, delivering the best value to you. A family tradition of serving with instilled core values since 1948, we are motivated to share our knowledge gained over the decades. We aim to give you, our customer, an exceptional experience and outstanding results!
Amedeo Biondi 1948-1954
Gene Biondi 1955-1985
Steve Biondi 1986-Present
Broker Of Record:
Interwest Insurance Services
PO Box 255188
Sacramento Ca 95865-5188
Artisans Insurance LTD
A Member-Owned Group Captive Program
Specific Excess Reinsurance coverage by Zurich North America
Mike McStocker, CPCU – email@example.com
Commercial General Liability & Auto Insurance:
Asphalt Surface Development Association
Regional Purchasing Group
$2Million Commercial Liability Limits / $5Million Excess Liability Umbrella
Greg Scoville – firstname.lastname@example.org
Great American Insurance Company
A.M. Best# 002213
Financial Size Category: XIII ( 1.25B- 1.5B)
Renee Ramsey, Administrator – email@example.com
What Our Customers Say...
"Got to say the work they do is so much better than I've seen other companies do and I have seen pictures from other companies compared to biondi."
"Great friendly work place"
"Biondi Paving & Engineering did our site work, they did an excellent job. On time, on budget and high quality!"
About Pipeline Contractor
What exactly is a Pipeline Contractor?" "pipeline contractor designs and constructs pipelines for the transport of fluids, including oil, natural gas, or other liquids, for the conveyance of other materials, such as water or asphalt, for the storage or production of other products, such as gasoline, diesel, bio-diesel, or other combustible materials." A pipeline is basically a system that transport liquid from one point to another. There are many different types of pipelines, some of which can be seen below:
Oil & Gas - Oil companies rely on pipeline contractors to oversee the construction of their petroleum carriers, converting sea water into diesel, and transporting petroleum products from wells to refineries. In addition, there are offshore oil companies that depend upon pipeline contractors to construct their vessels, rigs, platforms, and underwater drilling equipment. Safety and security are of utmost importance to these companies as well as to the millions of marine species that exist beneath the ocean's surface. To meet this end, oil companies require pipeline contractors to obtain both a C-34 license (approved by the Canadian government) and an NPDES permit. A C-34 license is valid for operations up to the date of cancellation; an NPDES permit is valid only for on-site construction activities. Oil pipelines are constantly being inspected to ensure safety and security.
Natural Gas - Similar to oil, natural gas is transported from well to well and back to well. This transportation method is widely used throughout the United States. As natural gas is transported from deep wells, it is important that pipeline contractor agencies abide by strict guidelines, including those related to the handling, storage, and disposal of natural gas. As this is a very important transportation medium, pipeline construction companies must also be adequately trained in this area of the natural gas industry.
Transportation Safety - In addition to the aforementioned natural gas pipeline construction, the transportation of liquefied petroleum gases (LPG) and other products that utilize LPG gas as a fuel is another issue in the United States. In this regard, the transportation industry requires contractors to be trained and certified in hazardous occupations to perform this type of work. Additionally, this training and certification programs require pipeline construction companies to have a specific number of employees or workers that are dedicated solely to serving these specific clients. While there are no federal guidelines pertaining to the size of a pipeline company's work force, most states require pipeline construction companies to hire permanent employees, which can increase operating costs and hinder growth opportunities for new companies. Similarly, companies that contract out their hazardous work may not be as stable or profitable as companies that dedicate all of their energy to pipeline construction activities.
Fuel Storage and fueling - One of the most important aspects of fuel transportation in the united states is fueling infrastructure, including fueling stations, truck stations, fueling distribution hubs, and even individual homes and offices. Additionally, the fuel pipeline construction industry serves as a vital link between these companies and consumers. In some cases, the fuel distribution companies act as brokers that deliver gasoline and diesel from refineries, manufacturers, and storage providers to consumers. In other instances, fuel companies to own, maintain, and manage fueling infrastructure. Regardless of which organization manages fuel logistics pipeline companies must work with these entities in order to properly deliver goods and services to their clients.
There are many other factors to consider when choosing pipeline contractors. However, these three main issues rank high on the list of priorities for pipeline contractors nationwide. As a result, pipeline construction projects often run into financial difficulties within the first few years of operation. In addition, a poorly-managed pipeline project can impact local commerce and reduce job opportunities for local residents. Although the current financial and economic climate does not appear to be a prevalent issue currently, it may be a wise decision for companies considering pipeline installation to research the market before making any major investment decisions. Doing so can ensure that the chosen company has the financial resources necessary to safely and efficiently complete any pipeline projects, regardless of the current conditions of the economy.
About Rancho Cordova
Originally called Mayhew's Crossing and Hangtown Crossing (c. 1855) during the Gold Rush era, the area was renamed Mayhew Station and Mills Station (c. 1900), respectively. The city itself was named for the Cordova Vineyard, which was located in the center of the Rancho Rio de los Americanos land grant. Other names of the town included Cordova Vineyards and Cordova Village, before it was officially named Rancho Cordova when a post office was established in the community in 1955.
In the Gold Rush era of mid-19th-century California, certain Placer mining activities took place in the Rancho Cordova environs, some traces of which disturbance are extant. The elevation of the generally level terrain is approximately 118 feet (36 m) above mean sea level. Lone Star Gravel Company and other companies have historically extracted younger gravels at depths of 30 to 40 feet (12 m) without encountering groundwater, which is characteristically found at about 100 feet (30 m). Partially confined groundwater generally flows to the southwest.
For many years, Rancho Cordova was the community called ‘Mills’, located in the eastern part of the Brighton Township. It was called Mills as early as 1893, supposedly because of the old grist mills that were close by along the river. At the top of Bradshaw, along the American River, close to the oak tree that marked the northwest boundary of the Spanish Land Grant, Rancho Rio De Los Americanos, there are still some remains of foundations. You can locate them by looking for the Grist Mill Dam Recreation Area along the American River Parkway. The southwestern boundary of the grant was 300 feet west of Bradshaw not far north of Florin Road. The boundary then went due east over to Grantline Road, and northeast along the roadway.
The 35,500 acre Rancho Rio De Los Americanos was granted to William Leidesdorff in 1844 but he died in 1848, leaving the Rancho and some properties in San Francisco to his heirs. Capt. Joseph Folsom purchased the Rancho from the heirs and founded a town in 1855 which he named after himself – Folsom. The old Liedesdorff adobe was constructed in 1846 in the vicinity of Routier Station.
As the miners left Sacramento traveling to the foothills in search of gold, way stations grew up along the first dirt trails, and later more formal roads, that took travelers east. Commercial establishments, hotels, or ‘stations’ were developed at one-mile intervals along the route. Many of the stations ultimately also became the US Post Office for their area, and many of these early settlers served as postmaster or postmistress.
Travelers and miners apparently headed out L Street from Sacramento (the approximate alignment of present-day Folsom Blvd) along a plank, or macadam, road that ended at present day Bradshaw Road. Brighton, also called Five Mile Station, was the site of three inns. One inn, the Magnolia House, established in 1849, was the first stop on the Pony Express Route. The location is today marked by the old Brighton Station building, visible on the south side of Folsom Boulevard where the overpasses for Highway 50 and the light rail are located. One closer stop, at four miles, was known as Hoboken or Norristown, in the vicinity of CSUS. The old Perkins building, where the Jackson Highway leaves Folsom Boulevard, and Manlove were both locations for way stations.
The vicinity of Bradshaw was Ten Mile Station, the Patterson's "American Fork House", established in 1852, and the beginning of large farms, vineyards, and orchards. Up the road was Routier Station, established in 1871. Mrs. Mayhew left Mayhew Station to take over as PostMistress at Routier Station when the post office opened in 1887. Mr. Patterson was Postmaster there for a while also. Joseph Routier was widely renowned for many years for the quality of his produce. In 1866 the railroad built the train station between Folsom Boulevard and the tracks due to the size and dependability of the crop, and the need for a formal packing shed to house the produce waiting for the train. (The station still exists as Pfingst Realty Mr. Pfingst died in 2007; the structure is owned by his daughter.)
At eleven miles, the road forked. The Coloma Road went north along the river to Coloma and the northern mines, very close to its present location; the southerly fork headed for White Rock and the Southern Mines. The area was first known as Hangtown Crossing, referencing the route to Old Hangtown – or Placerville. The southerly fork was the White Rock Road, known at that time as the White Rock – Clarksville Immigrant Road. The outcropping of white rock marked the entry into El Dorado County, and Clarksville was the first sizable settlement over the hill. 15 Mile House was built in 1850, and is commemorated with a brick cairn on White Rock Road in front of the CalTrans Emergency Ops building. It was managed by A.M. Plummer until purchased in 1857 by its most famous innkeeper, H.F.W. Deterding. His son Charles ran the hotel until at least 1890, and their hospitality was known far and wide. 15 Mile House was the second official Pony Express remount station. Eleven miles east of that, the third remount station was located at Sportsman Hall at Mormon Island, before the express riders went over the mountains headed for St. Joseph, Missouri. The Mormon Island ruins surface from under Folsom Lake at Dike 8 during low water years.
There were also way stations along the Coloma Road, such as the 14 Mile House, built on the Coloma Road in 1850 by Mr. Rush, the original builder of Deterding's 15 Mile House.
In 1852 early settlement of the Mills area included a two-story inn owned by Louis Lepetit. Four stage lines came through there, and split, with two going southeast to Placerville, and two following the river to Coloma. In the 1880s a fire destroyed the inn, and Mr. Lepetit may have rebuilt across the road on the north side.
A strong community of vineyards and orchards had grown up between the 1850s and the 1880s. Maps of the area show the familiar names of Studarus, Williamson, Mendonca, Kelley, Carroll, Shields, Dauenhauer, Lauridson, Kilgore, and Deterding. The list goes on with names that to a small extent, have been preserved as place names. John Studarus was one of the early settlers. He had thirteen children. The presumed eldest, Charles, operated the family farms; John Jr., the second or third eldest, purchased five acres of land at Hangtown Crossing, near Lepetit's site, and built a hotel. In 1911, he built the present day Mills Station. It was a general commercial building, housing a tavern and grocery store. The second floor was a large ballroom, where he celebrated the opening of the building by issuing an open invitation to everyone around to attend a grand ball. The building also housed the Post Office, and two of his children, William Henry and Helen, both ran the Post Office at various times.
William Henry Studarus died perhaps in the late 1970s, and Helen Studarus McCray, whom everyone remembers as the Post Mistress, died in 1982 or 1983. William Henry also helped his father run the store, selling groceries, hardware, and gasoline. At sometime prior to the war, the county established a branch of the free library, which local residents also remember coming to.
In 1949 Mills Station was bought by Mr. and Mrs. Lerch, parents of later Fire Chief Bob Lerch and famous baseball player Randy Lerch. Their daughter, Mrs. Doris Lauridson, held her wedding reception in the ballroom on the second floor in 1950. The general store, library, and gas station continued to serve the community. Mills Fire Department has been photographed several times with its fire trucks and firemen on parade out front. Gasoline was sold there (the pumps are visible in the 1952 photo). The building that previously sat across the street, housing the Sharp Shop, was a fire house, along with another small building on the east side of Routiers Road between Folsom Blvd. and Horn Road. The Sharp Shop, a lawn mower repair business, was finally demolished in about 2002. At that time it had deteriorated and the original walls had been replaced with corrugated metal panels, leaving virtually nothing of the original structure.
Tom Raley bought Mills Station in 1956. The Raley's organization believes he ran the grocery store, but community residents do not remember it being called Raley's. In 1972 after negotiations between the Fire District, Sacramento County, Raley's, and the Sons and Daughters of the Golden West, the building was moved to back north of the Boulevard about 200 feet. It was renovated as a restaurant but was never quite successful, and changed hands many times over 20 years. The last tenant moved out in August 1991 and the building sat idle, used only by vagrants and transients. It was secured, preserved, and moved once again. In its final life, Mills Station has been restored as a community center at the Mather Field / Mills Light Rail Station approximately 1,000 feet from its original location.
The agricultural heritage of Rancho Cordova fell onto hard times in the 1930s and 1940s. Along with Joseph Routier's nationally recognized produce, wine from Roland Federspiel's Cordova Vineyards had been served at White House table during the Teddy Roosevelt presidency. Unfortunately, northern California went through a lengthy period of drought. Making things worse, the State Legislature raised property tax rates, setting values at "the highest and best use" as opposed to the actual use of the land. It became more and more difficult for farmers to keep their land in production.
At this point, all of the young men returning from World War II were looking for places to settle down, find a job, buy a home, and raise their families. Roland Federspiel formed a partnership with Glenn Ahlstrom and a contractor named Jacobsen to build homes on land that had previously been vineyards. Up until that point after the War, there had not been any production housing in the United States. Homes had been constructed individually or in small numbers.
Construction began at the intersection of Folsom Boulevard and Zinfandel Drive. The first three homes on the west side of the street were the model homes. Duplexes on the opposite corners originally housed the sales office and post office, then the first office of The Grapevine newspaper.
Federspiel had chosen the name Cordova Vineyards with a nod to the Cordoba Region in Spain, and wanted to preserve the Cordova name. Glenn Ahlstrom drove down to San Francisco in his old woodie station wagon and physically brought back the first ‘post box’. The US Postal Service agreed to let them use the name Rancho Cordova as it was just the right size to fit around the circle of the old postal franking stamp. They named the streets for wine grapes. It is a treat to find some of those old grapes coming back into production again, with wines like Malbec and Barbera. In recognition of that heritage, Elliott Homes named all of the streets in the Villages of Zinfandel at Stonecreek for wineries around the world when they began to build at the south end of Zinfandel in 2000.
The community grew, and Folsom Boulevard began to fill in with commercial enterprise. Early structures included the Cordova Village Shopping Center and George E. Johnson's Cordova Inn. (George E. Johnson is the father of restaurateur Eppie Johnson. The ‘E’ stands for Eppaminondous, and Eppie used it to name a more formal restaurant on Zinfandel around 1980. The building is still in operation as a restaurant today, but is on the fourth restaurant chain since then.)
Most of the residents of the 1950s and 1960s came to work at either Aerojet, during the height of the space race, or were stationed at Mather Air Force Base. There were only a little over 1,000 homes in the Mather housing area, so most people lived off base. Along with other people who found the new Rancho Cordova a desirable place to live were the many people who came to open businesses and establish all of the organizations that any true community needs in order to thrive and prosper. Early residents opened gas stations, insurance agencies, the Hallmark Store, Baskin Robbins Ice Cream, the veterinary office, medical offices, a travel agency, churches, and the florist shop. These community builders were also the principals at the junior and senior high schools, the manager at the Chamber of Commerce, the general manager at the Park District, the chief at the Fire District, pastors and priests. They founded local branches of Rotary, Kiwanis, Optimist Club, JCs, the Moose, and the Elks.
There were attempts to incorporate Rancho Cordova in 1961 and in 1978. The 1978 effort was kept alive over the next 20 years, finally getting on the ballot in November 2002. It passed with a record 77% of voters in support, a record that still stands today.
On February 16, 2000, Emery Worldwide Flight 17 crashed in Rancho Cordova. All three crew members, the only occupants of the aircraft, were killed.
The 2010 United States Census reported that Rancho Cordova had a population of 64,776. The population density was 1,912.3 inhabitants per square mile (738.3/km2). The racial makeup of Rancho Cordova was 39,123 (60.4%) White, 8,561 (13.1%) African American, 668 (1.0%) Native American, 7,831 (12.1%) Asian (3.6% Filipino, 2.0% Indian, 1.6% Vietnamese, 1.4% Chinese, 1.0% Korean, 0.4% Japanese, 2.0% Other), 556 (0.9%) Pacific Islander, 5,517 (8.5%) from other races, and 4,520 (7.0%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 12,740 persons (19.7%).
The Census reported that 64,451 people (99.5% of the population) lived in households, 170 (0.3%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 155 (0.2%) were institutionalized.
There were 23,448 households, out of which 8,722 (37.2%) had children under the age of 18 living in them, 10,521 (44.9%) were opposite-sex married couples living together, 3,815 (16.3%) had a female householder with no husband present, 1,431 (6.1%) had a male householder with no wife present. There were 1,751 (7.5%) unmarried opposite-sex partnerships, and 198 (0.8%) same-sex married couples or partnerships. 5,815 households (24.8%) were made up of individuals, and 1,604 (6.8%) had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.75. There were 15,767 families (67.2% of all households); the average family size was 3.30.
The population was spread out, with 17,011 people (26.3%) under the age of 18, 6,441 people (9.9%) aged 18 to 24, 19,508 people (30.1%) aged 25 to 44, 15,182 people (23.4%) aged 45 to 64, and 6,634 people (10.2%) who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 33.1 years. For every 100 females, there were 95.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.3 males.
There were 25,479 housing units at an average density of 752.2 per square mile (290.4/km), of which 12,948 (55.2%) were owner-occupied, and 10,500 (44.8%) were occupied by renters. The homeowner vacancy rate was 3.3%; the rental vacancy rate was 8.9%. 34,907 people (53.9% of the population) lived in owner-occupied housing units and 29,544 people (45.6%) lived in rental housing units.
NOTE: The following demographic numbers were enumerated prior to incorporation.
As of the census of 2000, there were 55,060 people, 20,407 households, and 13,550 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 2,445.4 inhabitants per square mile (944.2/km2). There were 21,584 housing units at an average density of 958.6 per square mile (370.1/km). The racial makeup of the city was 66.66% White, 11.34% African American, 0.95% Native American, 8.24% Asian, 0.54% Pacific Islander, 5.72% from other races, and 6.54% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 12.90% of the population.
There were 20,407 households, out of which 34.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.1% were married couples living together, 16.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 33.6% were non-families. 25.5% of all households were made up of individuals, and 6.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.68 and the average family size was 3.22.
The population was spread out, with 28.4% under the age of 18, 10.2% from 18 to 24, 31.9% from 25 to 44, 19.4% from 45 to 64, and 10.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females, there were 95.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.1 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $40,095, and the median income for a family was $60,211. Males had a median income of $54,706 versus $45,383 for females.
Following the adoption of the 1978 Cordova Community Plan, the Sacramento County Local Agency Formation Commission adopted a sphere of influence for Rancho Cordova. This is one of the defining documents of the actual community boundary for the community.